So let's get to work, because the customers your looking for are looking for you too.
Content is king, but does it mean you need to be brilliant everyday? I've said it before, focus on relevance. On that repetitive note, repetition is not bad thing and to some degree to be encourage. Let me be more specific,share and share again sometimes on multiple platforms and sometimes recirculated within the same platform. Share specials, menus, services, events, great employees and guest celebrations - 'Bob and Rose Smith are here celebrating their 50th anniversary. Congrats and thanks for choosing us for your celebration.' Tweet your own horn! Spotlight a new recipe or newly decorated lobby but also spotlight your goals and your achievements. Tell us how much you've saved the world by implementing green practices or, better yet, give your guests kudos for saving 1000's of gallons laundry water. Everyday in every business, owners have dreams of ways they can improve their business. Share them. If you're not already doing so get input from staff and customers as well. Don't operate in a vacuum. Talk, talk, talk about things to do and see in the area - spotlight the staff's favorite places to take family and friends when in town. Finally, address issues or questions promptly. The Internet has provided customers, warranted or not, a very public voice. It's inevitable, one day you're going to get a not so flattering comment. Be prepared. Anticipate negative comments ahead of time. That can be done by simply creating a protocol on how to handled issues because responding promptly to criticism is paramount. Your swift, polite, professional response to your problem may earn you credibility with potential customers.
Here are a few actual examples of the above:
These could be Tweets, Facebook posts, blog responses or part of a blog post
– Sofitel Monpartnasse Paris -hidden treasure, rooftop indoor pool & gym. Big modern rooms.
– A very popular activity of tourists in Prague - Black Light Theatre.
– Hyatt Hotels Corp. to install virtual concierge technology in 60,000 guest rooms - Business Travel News
– The man himself, Kim Vo, busy with appointments today at Spa Montage Deer Valley's Kim Vo Salon-Top Spa in the World!
– Variety Hotels launches a new Boutique Property in Phuket, Thailand - Breaking Travel News: Variety Hotels launch...
– Our staff loves this creamy-tangy goat cheese + mushroom omelet for a fast & tasty vegetarian brunch
– La Petite Maison wins the @TimeOutDubai Best Restaurant and Best French Restaurant of the year award.
– Good luck to all those running in the Fleet Half Marathon this Sunday!! Looks like it is going to be a beautiful...
– Amelia Island Restaurant Week- January 22-28, 2012: Looking for the perfect place to stay for Amelia Island Rest...
– Three chains join #Hotels for Heroes to give free rooms to wounded #veterans...
One last thing - Tow the company line when it comes to protocol for sure, but let your personality shine through. No one wants to read robotic posts.