ways that do make a difference. A small contribution can make a global impact if you view it as part of a collective effort. So, whether you'll be home for the holidays, roughing it on the road or globe trotting, here are some simple global gift ideas.
- Volunteer at your time at a local charity or school
- Spring clean now and donate to AmVets or Goodwill
- Panera Bread doesn't accept tips for service. Their "tip" box donations go to local charities
- Still have things sitting in the boxes from last year that a child or a senior might enjoy? Bring an unwrapped gift to Toys for Tots or to a place like Perkins Restaurants for a senior citizen
- There are the Salvation Army kettles everywhere
- Round up purchases to the next $ for charity at stores like JCPenny
- Buy a global gifts to help others sustain a living from organizations like Oxfam International. Who knew manure was a gift? But it is, for $12.
- Make a donation in memory of a deceased family member or friend. A personalized bereavement card will be sent to the bereaved family to an organization like Red Cross
- Think you have nothing to give, think again, donating blood or becoming an organ donor is an enormous gift!
- Donate your time to a local shelter, a community garden or a place like some of my favorites ECHO's Global Farm in Fort Myers, FL
From my family to you -
Wishing you a safe, blessed & joyous season!
|ECHO's Global Farm|
|Panera Bread Donation Boxes|
|Toys For Tots|
|The Salvation Army|